Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Peace and quiet

No-one else in the house all day, until 8pm or so. Should be able to get a few things completed. So far have finished payrolls, billed 31 December quarterly amounts for same, got my books up to date, and eaten chocolate.
Got a call from inland revenue about a new e-mail query resolution service called Agent Account Managers. Has anyone else come across this yet? If there is a problem, ie client's refund not received when it should have been, you can contact the AAM by email and all will be resolved - hopefully. Sounds good anyway.
Now, let's see if I can finish a set of accounts before I have to collect my son at 8pm. First, another cup of tea is called for!

Just opened a letter saying one of my clients has received a large tax refund - and it has gone into his agent's bank account - but not mine!! Checking online, I find that someone else has filed the return, even though I have all the info here to do it. I think it is for a spell where he worked abroad, but there is other income for the tax year, which I have here. Now I need to get a copy of the return and file an amendment, and he needs to get his refund back, from which they have no doubt taken a fee! Why do people make life so difficult I ask?

Time to do a bit more christmas shopping ? http://www.quidco.com/user/1345249/

No comments:

Post a Comment