Thursday, 10 November 2011

Getting ready for Christmas...

It is only 6 weeks until the big day, after all. Just ordered the last of the online presents.  One other item on it's way in the post, and that's pretty much everything sorted except food and drink.
Yesterday was spent buying tiles for the new shower and organising a school reunion. Don't know why someone who lives near the anticipated event can't sort it out. Still, its  not too difficult to message a few people on facebook or linkedIn from anywhere in the country I suppose. Picked a date next March, which seems acceptable to most people. Just relying on a friend in the Midlands to sort out a venue, and we're up and running.

Really cross with one of my clients. Got a letter with a post surcharge. They had the nerve to cut stamps off the envelope I sent their papers in and glue them onto a new envelope to re-use as they hadn't been franked. Of course, the postie had noticed this and it cost me £1.58. I suppose I could have refused to accept it, and it would have been sent back - but you never know if it might be important. Needless to say their bill will increase next time! And there wasn't even a cheque for my fee enclosed!!

Finally managed a small set of accounts in the afternoon. Just starting another lot, for someone whom I know will pay straight away. Why do clients think its ok to make accountants wait for weeks for their money?

Rant over!

No comments:

Post a Comment