Sunday, 10 June 2012

Wish i could take the summer off!

Well, I'm just not in the mood for work again! However bills need to be paid so I will have to soldier on. I worked all morning on Friday, but was a bit down as it was the 18th anniversary of my Dad's death. Weather has been wet and horrible for a few days so that didn't help either.

I have managed to sell a book this week ( online book sales is one of my other hobbies!) and have also listed some lego on ebay for my Mum. Her church is raising money to rebuild the hall, which is falling down round their ears!

My other passion is writing. I have managed to get 2 letters and a "top tip" published in magazines in the past 12 months. This has earned me a subscription to one, and a £25 cheque. I am now busily reading Mills & Boon type books, hoping to have a go at something similar eventually.

At least the sun has re-appeared today. Just been outside to discover that my son has strimmed all the tops off my potatoes. He thought they were weeds! Still, I expect they will grow again. I have just harvested a bumper crop of rhubarb, and the asparagus is now about 2 feet high! Will need to sprinkle some slug pellets round the beans and sweetcorn later, or they will disappear!

New office building is still coming along, although not much has happened this week due to the rain. Hopefully this week will be drier.

No comments:

Post a Comment