Thursday, 26 July 2012

Clients... Arrghh!!

My new client rang at 2.20 yesterday, 10 minutes before I was about to set off to see him.  Can I come on a different day? Visitors are coming over. Surely he knew before then? Anyway, I am now going on Monday afternoon. Not too sure about him as he thought my quote was too much, and he wants to change because his current accountant charges £400. What planet are you on?!!

Got a call from another client yesterday - his company had been dissolved by Companies House and the bank account frozen. I have been asking him for information for ages so we can do the accounts. Anyway, sent him to find out the procedure for getting reinstated, and he came back with a load of forms and instructions. He came round with the information he has this morning, but there isn't much. Got all the forms completed whilst he was here. Now just waiting for some bank statements so I can attempt some accounts for him.

So much for the arrival of summer! In Lancashire it has rained. All yesterday afternoon. And again this morning. The forecast never mentioned rain, and the rest of the country is basking in sunshine. The progress of my roof has been seriously hampered. The sun is only just coming out now, at 2pm.

Worse, I can't do the washing as the seal has gone on the machine door causing a minor flood. On a good note, it is peaceful as the teenagers have gone to see the new Batman movie. Feel a bit less stressed as I completed 2 sets of accounts yesterday. Best not relax too much, as the backlog will soon accumulate again!

No comments:

Post a Comment