Sunday, 29 July 2012

Gardening leave...

No I haven't sacked myself! I finally managed to get out in my garden on Friday and Saturday. Dug over a good part of my vegetable patch so I can plant the cauliflower, cabbage and sprout plants which have been sitting on the windowsill for 4 weeks. Got the plants in this morning in between showers. The rest of the garden is chock full of weeds so there is a lot more work to do. The sweetcorn and broad beans I planted a few weeks back are doing well, and I have a fennel plant in a pot which is taller than I am! Unfortunately it has started raining again, so the rest of the day will be spent watching the Hungarian Grand Prix and the Olympics. Might also try to do some reading or writing.

My daughter has promised to do some work this week, so may be progress will be made. Hopefully will be able to complete a few small jobs and get some returns filed.

No comments:

Post a Comment